Thursday, July 16, 2009

art appreciation

For art appreciation yesterday, we went to the BYU art museum. I told the boys we would walk around and at the end, they would choose their favorite ones to draw sketches of:


Nathan's waterfall:
Alex's waterfall:
Nathan decided he wanted to draw a random colorful dog:
Then he (nathan) chose to draw this Marilyn Monroe,

Which was on a poster:
Here's his interpretation:

Alex chose to draw this:
and I forgot to take a picture of this Alex drew:



Baby had a really bad random bloody nose so she had to stay in her carseat without clothes until it stopped:



4 comments:

Trent & Emily Davies said...

Erika used to get random bloody noses too as a baby and it always scared me! Now she still gets them but its because she can't stop picking her nose!! Your boys are quite the artists!

Tawnya said...

That is a really cute idea to do. You are a good idea mom.

Sheesh, poor baby. Hope she is ok.

kdguice said...

poor katie! :( those are adorable pictures the boys drew! what a great idea!

Laurie said...

Way cute!!! Picassos in training! By the way, I found the art book I used with you kids... actually it's Grandma's and she gave it to me along with a google other art books... that was for Nathan. :) So I'll give it to you when you guys come. Yeay!