Monday, January 11, 2010

Nathan's morning math problem

Nathan was giving himself math problems this morning during breakfast. One problem was 150,000 times 60. He did it in his head, and he said the answer was 9 million. I had to do it on the calculator, and yep, he was right.

Tonight at dinner he was explaining how he figured it out. He had his dinner all over his face, and saying "w" for "r's" and "l's", he said, "Let's do it like this. You know 100,000 times 60 is 6 million, right Mommy? and half of that is 3 million, and 6 plus 3 is 9, so 9 million."

He asked me today if I would buy him a house when he grew up. I said he had to get a job and buy his own house. He said that he wanted to be a rock star when he grows up.

3 comments:

kdguice said...

you should tape him doing those math problems... preferably with dinner on his face... :) i miss that genius baby!!!

Tawnya said...

attaboy nathan!!!!

Rick said...

He is just too funny (and smart).

Love,
Dad