Thursday, August 12, 2010

mothers

We were reading the part in the scriptures about Heleman and the 2,000 stripling warriors and I almost lost it when they were talking about how good they were, and that their mothers taught them. Their mothers had prepared them for fighting these Lamanites. I am preparing my kids for the big battles they will have to fight in their lives. It's so important for mothers to give their kids the weapons and the shields to fight the battles they will have to fight in their lives.
P.S. After reading this, Nathan said, "I want to play that game!" (pretending he was one of the 2,000 young warriors fighting the Lamanites). He was playing and then came to me and said, "What kind of weapon did Heleman had?" I said, "I don't know, but I bet he had a lot of different kind of weapons." Nathan said, "Do you think he had one of these?" and held up a pie server. "Yes, Nathan, he probably had one of those." And Nathan said ok, and ran back outside to play his game with Alex.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

That is my kids' favorite scripture story for sure. They love acting it out. And I like it too, because every time we talk about it, it reminds me of the great task that is before me.