Friday, February 10, 2023

Anchorage training trip

 I’m in Anchorage right now for a training and I’m eating fresh Alaskan seafood and a blueberry baked Alaska. I’m loving this!!! But the picture of the empty chair in the restaurant is yesterday when it was todd and my 22nd anniversary and I was eating alone, missing Todd. He loves good food and I would’ve loved to share that experience with him. I admit as happy as I’ve been, I did cry when I took that picture. I’ll have to come back with Todd sometime soon!!







To get to this training, the school district plane picked us each up from our villages. I was first, so I sat up front behind the copilot’s seat, even though there was no copilot. The pilot was an older guy, so I did watch what he was doing to fly the plane in case he had a heart attack and I had to land the plane myself. We went from St Michael to Elim, to Shishmaref (about 15 miles under the artic circle), Teller and then landed in Nome. The flight was SO cool!! I could see out of the front windshield and we flew over the frozen Norton Sound, over mountains, etc!! Then in Nome we got on Alaska Air and flew to Kotzebue, which is above the arctic cirlce!! I was excited bc I wanted to go above the arctic circle before I came home! Then we flew to Anchorage.



Bering Strait School District plane:




Shishmaref, a little village on an island just below the arctic circle. It’s the northern most village in our school district, and st Michael is the southern most village in our district:


The school district plane: 









More videos that are longer so I had to upload them to YouTube:






No comments: