Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Surprise!

I was in charge of dinner tonight. I messed it up, so we decided to go out to eat for my birthday dinner (but my birthday- the big 30- is really not until Tues.). We went to Tsing Tao in Payson, our favorite restaurant. In my fortune cookie, my fortune said: "A pleasant surprise is in store for you soon."

Out of nowhere Todd pulled out a gift bag. I knew he had been scheming something for a while, because every time I ask him about his allowance, he starts giggling uncontrollably. Inside the gift bag was a little toy airplane. The boys thought I hit the jackpot. I was confused.

Then Todd said that I am going to fly to AZ on Sunday morning to spend some "girl time" with my sister! We were planning on all driving to AZ next weekend, so Todd is flying me out a week early with Katherine, and then he and the boys (and the dog) are still driving out next week. I'll get an extra week with my sister without the boys! Todd asked if he could work from home this next week so he can watch the boys. How sweet is that? On the itinerary for the boys (according to Todd): going to the Dollar Store every day, going to the Dino Museum from when they open until they close, eating dino nuggets, having movie nights watching Star Wars and other boy movies, etc.

So, I'll be gone for a whole month!

6 comments:

Rick said...

Sounds like fun. Can't wait to see you and the kids.

Love,
dad

allie said...

Yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh! I seriously can't wait for you to come! :) It's going to be so fun!!

Keri said...

Wow, what a fun surprise!!

Tawnya said...

:)and :(. You could come here...:)

kdguice said...

i'm so jealous!! i wish i could partake in the girl time!!!! that's so fun! i can't wait to see you when you guys come to arkansas though! i love you! (even though you are about to be 30!) ahhaha. :)

Laurie said...

What a wonderful hubby! I wish I could be there, too!