First, I am grateful that I can be pregnant and bring children into the world. Nevertheless, I HATE being pregnant!! Here's some things I don't understand about pregnancy:
1. Why is it that when your gag reflex is in hyperdrive and you are constantly nauseaus, do they make prenantal vitamins as big as ostritch eggs?
2. Why is it that this time is a time when vitamins and nutrients are so important, does mother nature cause you to throw up everything and only be able to eat french fries for dinner because that's all that you could keep down?
3. Why is it that at this time when smells can make you throw up, is your sense of smell keener than a bloodhound? One night I was about to throw up because I could smell our headboard....
4. Why are humans the only ones who get nauseaus during pregnancy? I've never seen a dog or elephant going around throwing up when it is pregnant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
my answers:
1. your gag reflux is in hyperdrive because you need to be prepared to change those nasty diapers. vitamins are the size of ostrich eggs because pharmaceutical companies think it's funny...
2. french fries are the best thing for your baby. it's scientific research.
3. nature makes your sense of smell keener so you don't eat poisonous berries... (come on, evolution- it's 2009!)
4. humans are the only ones who get nauseous because, well, it's only fair- we don't have to lick ourselves or eat dog food...
just remember, there's my niece or nephew inside you, and it'll be totally worth all that discomfort!!! (although i DEFINITELY empathize with you not liking pregnancy...) i can't wait to meet that little stinker!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love you!
You both are too funny.
Love you,
Dad
I like Kerry's answers. Those are pretty good!! I do like your questions! Send them in to some research company! Let's get some answers!
I can sympathize. I puked so much when I was pregnant that I lost over 20 lbs. every pregnancy. I was a regular to the mother baby unit for IV therapy. No fun!
That was great! I especially loved the headboard story-- excellent! And excellent answers, Beanie!
Post a Comment