Day 3:
Oatmeal squares cereal
low fat cottage cheese and peaches
fruit
baked torilla chips with black beans, salsa con queso and tomatoes
stir fry with brown rice
carribbean smoothie
I was SO proud of the boys today. Todd's dad offered them an otter pop but I told him about our 4 weeks of no sugar so he gave them oranges instead. The oranges were sweet and juicy! They also had a pan full of brownies on the counter....but we resisted. The boys are such good examples to me. Last night I saw a picture of a cheesecake and I was craving Todd's cheesecake SO bad! The healthy treats like the smoothies keep me going.
I'm frustrated because eating healthy is costing a lot of money. We're going to have to find some money somewhere to put in our grocery budget and Todd's going to have to help me find ways to eat healthy that will fit in our budget.
I found a good replacement for pretzels- Kashi crackers. They taste really good, are sweetned only with a little bit of honey and have lots of whole grains.
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
glad you are doing well. It does cost alot more to eat healthy. good luck. Love you.
Post a Comment