Every year since Alex was a baby we've gone to Todd's parents' timeshare in Park City. They have it for a week and the whole family comes and squeezes in this condo and we eat, play, swim, watch movies, and relax.
Here is Todd playing "Made for Trade" with the boys:
Nathan's blue blue eyes, dark eyelashes and freckles are the cutest!! (click to enlarge the cuteness):We tried to do the same fun things but in a healthier way. We are decorating a healthier version of sugar cookies, and for the frosting I used strawberry non fat cream cheese and added food coloring to make it orange. We decorating with bananas and strawberries and the traditional sprinkles:
A little too many sprinkles, Nathan:
Spencer was "cleaning up" the sprinkles:).
My pretty daughters:
Katherine said, "Hugs Abbie! Take picture!"
More "hugs":
Good lookin' Todd cooking a healthy yummy dinner:
Here is Alex watching tv. My boys will never just "sit":
Doing art:
Todd got a new suit for Alex's baptism (tag still on. Looks like a missionary tag:)):
The boys carved pumpkins. They kept doing more and more through the week to add to their pumpkins. They now have lightning streaks on the side and scratch marks all over. The boys made a deal with me and for every 3 miles they run/walk, they get a pumpkin. They ran with Todd and Tawnya so we got them pumpkins:
Alex started doing the "half smile". Where did he get that from??
Katherine in her new Halloween outfit. There's a huge outlet mall close that we shop at every year we go there:
Matching Halloween outfits for the girls (Tawnya's MacKenzie, Katherine and Abbie):
Matching Halloween glow in the dark shirts for the boys: (Tawnya's Spencer, Nathan and Alex):
Katherine is REALLY in to dressing herself lately. Here she got her shirt on upside down:
Matching outfits for the girls again. $6 outfits at the Children's Place outlet! I love Abbie's face:):
MacKenzie has her hand in Katherine's mouth:
Nathan wanted me to take a picture of him splashing:
The boys were fish, as usual, in the pool. They could have stayed there all day every day:
I love it when Katherine scrunches up her nose like this:) :
Alex playing chess with himself:) (I was playing ping pong with Nathan). Later he found a kid about his age he was playing with:
Playing ping pong with Nathan. He said, "I think the object of this game is to chase the ball." We weren't so great... He was talking to Alex and I overheard, "I wonder if Daddy is any good at ping pong. I bet he stinks."
Todd trying to do his work at the condo:
The boys zonked out. This picture was taken about 30 seconds after the boys were complaining, "I can't go to sleep!"
While we were at the condo, Abbie was a little fussy. I thought she was getting the ear infection that Katherine had, so I called the dr. and asked the nurse how much amoxicillin Abbie got, and I would just have her share medicine because I didn't want to pay $75 for an ER bill in Park City for an ear infection I knew she had. Well, she kept getting more fussy throughout the week, even with the amox. Then the night of Biggest Loser she cried and cried non stop for hours, so I took her to the ER in Park City. She was still crying when we got there, so they took some blood and gave her a fluid iv because she was dehydrated. The dr. came back and said that a normal white blood cell count is 10,000 and hers was at 20,000, so we were going to ride in an ambulance to Primary Children's in SLC. When the ambulance guys got there, she was really liking one of them, and kept staring and smiling at him the whole time. Then we got to SLC and the nurses came in to get her set up, and then a girl that looked about 12, maybe 13 years old came in. I thought "A little girl got lost from her mommy!" And she introduced herself as the dr. What?? Is this Doogie Howser or something?? (Tell me you remember that show). She said that maybe she had a virus/cold or a scratch on her eye. I'm thinking, ok, why did they just send us in the ambulance for a cold?? I guess a high white blood cell count could be caused by something serious like appendicitis or something like a cold. So the dr. gave her two doses of rocefin, a bazooka antibiotic as a "just in case" and had her stay the rest of that night, the next day and the next night just to make sure it was "just a cold". In the end, it was just a cold--the most expensive cold in history!! I'm glad it was nothing serious, though. It was sad being at Primary Children's Hospital and hear crying kids down the hall and passing the "conference room" (you know, the room where the dr. tells the parents their kid has died). I'm very very grateful for the health of my family! Especially when I read this-- an 18 month old drowned in a canal. The pictures from the hospital look like she was in the same room Abbie was in.






2 comments:
Poor baby girl! Poor parents to paay for that! Looks like a great time otherwise at the condo, though. Such a great tradition.
It was a lot of fun! I am so glad i got to be there!!!!!! :)
Post a Comment