On Monday Todd and I will have been married for eight years! We went out last night to celebrate and my wonderful brother and his wife watched the boys for us. We brought the baby with us because she is having some separation anxiety and because she is such a good baby that it is not a burden to have her with us.
We started out going to an early dinner/late lunch at Chili's. Then Todd said he had a surprise activity for us... he was taking me shopping!! And not just any shopping, but the girly stores that I love!! (Remember this post?) Todd HATES shopping, but he didn't even complain and let me look as much as I wanted and let me get some things, too.
After that, it was a little after 6pm, and I told him we could look at a store he wanted. He went to Circuit City for a few minutes, and then we went to eat dessert. Todd had a brownie sundae and I ate a molten lava chocolate cake...yummy! We were going to go to a movie after, but they were all sold out. But we were getting tired anyway (we are an old married couple now) So we went back to Ryan and Shannon's.
shopping and chocolate all in one day...I told him it was the funnest day I've had since we went to Disneyland.
I love you, Todd!!!!! Happy 8 years and an eternity left to go!!!!
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of every day’s
Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood’s faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congrats. 8 years is a long time.
Sure do love you,
Dad
CoNGRAtuLATIONS!!!!!! eight years? I can't believe it. That was sure nice of you Todd to take Kristie girly shopping. I am so happy for you! Love you all!
Congrats! I don't think Abe would take me shopping (unless it was at an electronics store) even if we were married for 20 years! Plus, I wouldn't want him to know how much I spend!!!
You guys are such an amazing and cute couple! Best wishes for an eternity of marriage! :)
Post a Comment