Monday, December 15, 2008

A Candlelight Christmas

Today was a fun day. First, the kids played in the snow with a friend. Then we went inside and had hot chocolate. Nathan said, "It can't get perfecter than this, huh?"



Then we went to A Candlelight Christmas in Salt Lake with Todd. It's a place where they have old pioneer homes and at Christmas at night they have lots of fun activities. I could never have lived back then, but I think that time period is so romantic. I would love living in one of those old houses and having a big fire in the fireplace. Each pioneer house had a craft or activity in it and was lit by fire and candlelight. They even saw Santa. The flash on my camera made everything look bright, but really it was a soft glow from the candles--so pretty.

In the real stable with real stinky animals, they had a live nativity. It made me teary eyed and everyone was whispering because it was spiritual... in a stinky stable....wierd, huh?

The kids with the wisemen--it was cold but they had fires and the snow made it more Christmasy:

Notice the wiseman giving the peace sign...


Nathan's Rudolph craft:



Alex's Rudolph craft:




Todd looking at the map:

One of the houses with a fire in the fireplace:

Another craft (again the flash made it look bright):

Yet another craft:




Cute baby bundled all up. She had footy pj's on, sweater and pants and socks, a winter coverall, 3 blankets and a hat. She just sat still and silent sucking on her binky the whole time, only moving her mouth to suck on her binky and moving her eyes (movie below). SO cute!




The boys in "Santa's workshop" making toys:

We had a really fun night! (I wish I took better pictures to give you a better feel of the place) We'll definitely go back next year!

1 comment:

Tawnya said...

That really is the coolest idea ever. I wish I could go. I miss you so much. I miss baby Katherine too!!