Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Tribute to Nathan



Nathan John Carlson is one of those kids who everyone wants as their very own. He is really funny and is getting really witty-especially to get things he wants. For example, when I told him the other night when I was laying in his bed with him that I had to go take my contacts out, he didn't want me to leave so he said, "you love me more than your contacts, so stay with me." Today at lunch he said, "If dessert makes you weak and good food makes you strong, then you should eat dessert first, then good food." He also knows he's funny and can say the funniest things (see previous posts). I have no idea where he comes up with the stuff he does! He is also as smart as a tack--really smart. He is doing first grade with Alex and is doing just fine. And he also has his Daddy's memory (as does Alex). One thing that really amazes me about Nathan is his ability to capture everyone's heart. He is friends with everyone he meets. It's hard to describe without seeing this happen, but he has made friends with every baby, disabled child, older, younger, it doesn't matter. He always is around Baby Katherine trying to make her smile and talking to her, and now she always will look at him and smile. He was that way with Erika and they became best buds, even though she is a lot younger than him. He has captured Nancy's heart, our soon-to-be-retired neighbor, and says that he's going to marry her because she is not married. He has a great heart. One time he had to sit in time out for lying, and I heard him from the other room saying a prayer saying sorry to Heavenly Father. He was born at Christmas and is a literal gift to our family. I'm always worried that his birthday gets overshadowed by Christmas and I wish that his birthday was not the week before Christmas-- but last night at dinner he spontaneously told us that Christmas is special because it's Jesus' birthday and that's why Heavenly Father let him be born at Christmas, too. I looked at Todd and almost cried!! He is a snuggly boy. He always wants me to snuggle with him and be with him. He is also a modest boy. He is happy with little things and hardly wants anything. He gets allowance but isn't pressed (usually) to get anything. When he does, it's usually something simple. He is a very special boy whom I love very very much!!

1 comment:

Tawnya said...

I too love him very much and want him for my own. I am sad he never got the chance to come up to Logan to do a sleep over with us. Maybe to Iowa...well maybe.