Friday, December 12, 2008

a good day

I like Todd's company. Instead of a big work party, they had everyone go out and collect food for the food bank.  Some spent six or seven hours collecting and most spent at least two or three. They ended up collecting enough food to fill 2 moving vans!! After that, they had cookies and hot chocolate and did a white elephant gift exchange. One guy was saying how when they were out collecting there were many houses decked out in Christmas decorations, etc. and it was like pulling teeth to get them to donate. Then in a more modest neighborhood, people were so willing to donate. He said at the most modest house the woman felt honored to be able to give. One person filled six bags-- I think his whole pantry. They told him that he was very generous and the guy replied "I've been homeless before, I know what it's like." 

During the white elephant gift exchange, there were a couple presents with some money in them. Todd ended up with the biggest gift--$100!! Nathan got a bag of rocks and $20- so cool! Alex got a Wii game he said he'll give to Dallin. 

But, after Nathan got $20, he came over to me and said in his cute Nathan voice, "I'm going to give my $20 to someone who needs it."

They did get it!!!!

Afterward, Nathan told Todd, "I know you'll use some of your hundred dollars for someone who needs it."

3 comments:

Jed said...

How do have such good kids? That is amazing. The scripture is true, "by their fruits you shall know them." You and Todd are great parents. Also, it makes me think of another scripture about how we should be like little children. How true that is and how far I have to go to become like your boys. Love you guys.

Tawnya said...

Oh Kristie, they are so sweet. They did get it. What a reward as a parent. I love you all and hope to one day be like you!

Kerry said...

awwwwwwwww! goosebumps!!