The year we met--Freshman year in college
Us Nov. 2008Todd is THE BEST husband in the world. He sure puts up with a lot and is so patient with me. He is a wonderful father and I have learned so much from him. One day when Alex was very little (but walking) I was frustrated because he kept going in the parking lot in front of our apartment instead of staying on the grass. Todd went over to Alex, bent down and touched the black pavement and said, "No", then touched the grass and said "Yes". Alex stayed on the grass after that. He always does simple things that the kids love. He makes the coolest paper airplanes and brings one home for each of them from work. He also tells the best stories at night. He started telling them a story each night about the adventures of 2 little boys who go in a different magical door each day, leading them to different adventures. The boys call them "door stories". For Nathan's 2nd birthday party he learned how to do balloon animals and magic tricks and dressed up like a clown. He can also make the boys giggle giggle doing a hand puppet (just his hand) whom they named "Oobi." One day he brought home materials to make sock puppets for him and the boys to do together.
He goes along with my crazy ideas. I'm sure he knew what he was in for, though: our freshman year of college I made him dye Easter eggs with me. However, it was very cold and we had to do it outside because (I don't remember why) but then it started to hail. He said, "Kristie, it's starting to hail. Can we go in now?" Then right after we were married we got in sort of a fight because I wanted to have a cow someday and he said we probably would never have a cow. Then he found some "cow seeds" and gave them to me to make me smile. (By the way, I still want a cow, and those cow seeds never worked.)
Do you know how I know Todd loves me? He gave me the last eclair. That's true love. You'd know if you've ever had one of his eclairs. Which leads me to my next point: Todd is the best cook ever. I cooked dinners when we were in school, but since he graduated, he's made dinner ever since! And gourmet dinners at that. I'm so spoiled.
There's not a person who's met Todd who doesn't like him. He is a very likeable person.
There's not a thing he can't do (well, except be a salesman). When he got back from his mission, I had taken some cake decorating classes and I was practicing some roses, and he tried it and did it better than me the first try.
At Todd's work, everyone calls him "Google." You can type anything into Google to get an answer. Ask Todd anything, and he knows it. He is very smart, that's where the boys get it from. That is one of the things that first attracted me to him. Another thing was how sweet he was. When we were still "just friends" I thought to myself, whoever his wife is going to be is going to be really really lucky. Yep, I'm the luckiest girl in the world. I definitely married up!
I love my Todd!!!!!!
2 comments:
The last eclair is definitely true love! We love him too-- and his eclairs. :)
I am so glad he married you. I told him I would be mad at him if he didn't. He is a good guy and you guys are great together.
Post a Comment