Monday, January 19, 2009

Rexy Goes to Church and other irreverent stories

Today we were late getting to church (OF course) so we decided to just sit in the foyer. Well, I stayed up last night AGAIN browsing the internet for ideas about decorating Katherine's room.

This one's cute, huh?

Since I was sleep deprived, I was acting kind of goofy and making the kids laugh, so that got them going. Alex and Nathan were playing with Rexy and fell over on top of each other and I couldn't help but laugh! Todd was trying not to laugh, but you couldn't help but laugh, and this old guy in the foyer with us was trying not to laugh but he was, too. Sometimes you just can't help but laugh. But it IS a good thing Rexy could come to church, though. Yesterday he was in the hospital ALL day! Alex put him in the lava so he had to go to the hospital and all day Nathan wanted me to go up with him to visit Rexy neatly tucked under the covers on Nathan's bed. I didn't want to keep going upstairs to see Rexy and Nathan would say, "Come on, you know you love Rexy! So we gotta go see him!" As a side note, Alex wasn't being mean to Rexy, they were just playing a game. During the game, Nathan asked me if he could use Baby Katherine as a weapon to defeat Alex. How--I'm not sure and I don't want to know.





Random thoughts #2: It would be funny to have a video of our room during the middle of the night. We start out usually just Todd and I in bed, then in the night I hear little footsteps tearing across the dark and scary loft and into our room and Nathan snuggles between the two of us. Sometimes Alex will wake up and see Nathan gone and he comes in our bed and snuggles in between us, too. Then when I wake up our big hairy dog is on the bed at my feet. He knows he's not supposed to be on the bed, but he knows he can get away with it when we're sleeping I guess. Sometimes when Katherine wakes up at night I'll bring her to the party, too. Who knew a king size bed wouldn't be big enough??



Here are some random pictures for ya:


Nathan and I after being thrown out of church for being crazy:


Alex and I--can you tell I'm stealing him away from the computer?



Here's Baby politely waiting for more food. We started sitting her at the table yesterday and feeding her bits of our food. Last night she had Ratatouille. She says she's glad she can finally eat Daddy's nummy cooking!


Doesn't she look so cute--this little baby at the big table?


2 comments:

Tawnya said...

I didn't think it was possible but you have again created one of the cutest babies on the face of the planet. You guys HAVE to keep going, you would be doing a disservice to humanity to not have more babies. They are just too beautiful and too smart!!!!!!

Laurie said...

Those kids are so squishingly adorable! Can the boys take turns holding Katie on their lap when they come out? :)