Friday, December 18, 2009

Nathan's birthday




Nathan was so excited for his birthday that the night before he wanted to stay up until midnight when his birthday started. I was too tired, so I set my alarm and put it by his bed. He stayed up watching the time and woke me up. "The alarm went off! It's my birthday!" I don't remember what I said, but I wish I could have stayed up with him and sang happy birthday to him.

Nathan had an ice skating birthday party and 16 people were there! I'm glad he had a good turn out for his party. All of his friends from the street and all his friends from boys club (homeschool group) came. He had a Spongebob party and he wanted Daddy to make his cake instead of getting one at the store. He did wants toys on it, though. So Todd made his cake. After his party Todd took him to Build a Bear and he got a snowflake bear with a Santa suit. For his birthday dinner he asked for chips and hamburgers. Todd and I were puzzled, but Alex said, "good choice, Nathan." So Todd and Nathan made hamburgers and we had Doritos with it. He had a good birthday and he's so happy to be 6.

2 comments:

kdguice said...

glad he had a good turnout for his party! that sweet boy, i love him!!!

Rick said...

I'm so glad he had a good birthday.
Love,
Dad