As I grow my toys will wear,
But family love will grow all year.
So don’t you worry all that much
Of spending money on gifts and such.
In my home I’ll learn to share,
Things and money and love and care.
What do I want on Christmas Day?
Lots of stories, lots of play,
By your side I want to stay.
Checkers games and talks by the fire,
Of time with you I’ll never tire.
Teach me truth, and to be kind,
Charity and love in you I’ll find.
Let’s serve others with open hearts
These are memories that never part.
These are presents filled with joy
That can’t be felt by any toy.
Time, love and teachings are gifts that last
When Christmas toys are in the past.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is really sweet Kristie. Did you write it?
Post a Comment