Tonight the boys gave me the best Mother's Day present ever. Todd and I got a movie to watch after the kids went to bed so we told the kids to go to bed. They started crying so I said, "If you can go up to bed without crying, I'll give you some ice cream tomorrow." They've been asking for ice cream all day long, and usually they would have happied right up and ran up to their beds for junk food. But tonight Alex wrapped his arms around my hips and Nathan wrapped his arms around my leg and Alex said, "But you are more important than ice cream!" And Nathan said, "Yea!" I hugged my boys and went to lay with them in their beds for a bit and gushed over how special that means to me, because I know how much they wanted that ice cream. Then the boys listed off all the things they love and said I was more important than all of them! Then Alex said, "I wished on a wishing flower (dandelion) that you'd have the best Mother's Day ever and it came true!"
What sweet hearts!
Then Nathan said, "but can we still have ice cream?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i can't wait till violet gives me that kind of satisfaction at the end of the day. :) you're such a great mom!!!
Oh how sweet. That made me cry. What sweet boys!
That Nathan is a character!!! Happy mothers day.
Love you,
Dad
Absolutely precious! I love them so much! You ARE a great mom!
Post a Comment