Friday, May 15, 2009

Today

*The boys are all at a father-sons campout right now. Today Nathan said, "I want to go 900!" (900 is the amount of wanting to go). Then Alex said, "I want to go 5,000 because I want to spend time with Daddy!" I bet they are having lots of fun. I forgot to give Todd the camera- dangit!

*Rocket is registered for a Dock Dogs competition June 6! We always gather a crowd when he jumps off the dock at Salem Pond, so we're trying him out in the competitive arena. Maybe if he wins something, Todd will like him. Todd is his handler for the competition because he can throw the ball farther than I can. Rocket is signed up for 2 competitions- speed retrieve and "open air" (how far he can jump from the dock into the water).

*All of my kids got shots today. They were so brave. We practiced by them closing their eyes, I count to three and then pinch their arm, they count to three while I pinch. This morning we went to our Friday homeschool park get-together first, but Nathan said he wanted to go get his shots first- I guess he was geared-up for it. He wasn't at all nervous. At the Dr. they said he'd get 5 shots-- I thought it was just 2. So I asked Nathan if he wanted to do some today and the rest another day. He said he wanted to get it over with all today. First, Alex got his one shot, and he counted to three, and he didn't even cry. How brave! Then, poor Nathan had 5 shots, 2 at a time. He counted to three each time, but didn't cry until it was over and I told him good job. I'm proud of him. Katherine got 3 shots and cried for a little bit. I talked with the kids about how they have "force fields" now from certain diseases that can make you die.

*I am craving a Daddy's Best ("R" in a circle after the "best"--the kids coined that phrase) homemade grilled burger right now. BUT- I'm going to go eat a frozen lean cuisine instead.

*Items I have sitting in my cart on Amazon.com (there are 50 items in my wishlist):

The Vegetable Gardener's Bible: Discover Ed's High-Yield W-O-R-D System for All North American Gardening Regions - Edward C. Smith; Paperback

Small-Scale Grain Raising, Second Edition: An Organic Guide to Growing, Processing, and Using Nutritious Whole Grains, for Home Gardeners and Local Farmers - Gene Logsdon; Paperback

The Dangerous Book for Boys - Conn Iggulden; Hardcover

Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Crafts: An A-to-Z Guide with Detailed Instructions and Endless Inspiration - Martha Stewart Living Magazine; Hardcover

The Creative Family: How to Encourage Imagination and Nurture Family Connections - Amanda Blake Soule; Paperback

Apologia - Land Animals of the Sixth Day(New) (Apologia-Young Explorer Series Exploring Creation with Zoology 3, Apologia-Land Animals of the Sixth Day) - Jeannie Fulbright; Hardcover

Story Starters: Helping Children Write Like They've Never Written Before - Karen Andreola; Paperback

The Well-Trained Mind: A Guide to Classical Education at Home (Revised and Updated 10th Anniversary Edition) - Susan Wise Bauer; Hardcover

5 comments:

Rick said...

tell Todd that I'll take two of his burgers!!!!

Love,
Dad

Tawnya said...

Rocket will win. I can feel it. What brave kiddo's and I want three of Todd's burgers!

Laurie said...

Your brain's goin' 90 miles a minute! :) Why did Nathan have to have 5 shots?! Such brave kids! I bet the boys had a great time with Todd. I'll take 4 burgers...

allie said...

How fun! I want to hear all about the campout! I'm sure they had a great time. Rocket will definitely win that competition. That will be fun for him!

allie said...

How fun! I want to hear all about the campout! I'm sure they had a great time. Rocket will definitely win that competition. That will be fun for him!