Highlights: going to the library, swim lessons, fencing class and going to Thanksgiving Point gardens for family activities every Monday evenings.
Library- Ryan let us use his library card for the Provo library because it is better than the spanish Fork library. We go to the juvenile non fiction section and throw in as many books as we can fit in our stoller. There's no limit to check out books. Right now we have 34 books checked out. We've gotten books about honeybees, dinosaurs, how to draw, science experiments books, and lots of math books, etc. My boys love math, and they have math books in picture book format-- puzzles, math concepts, etc. and my boys have really loved them. We've been doing lots of reading and have found good books. Thanks very much, Ryan!!
Swimming lessons: The last two weeks the boys have had swim lessons. The pool is about 3 blocks from our house.
Isn't this a beautiful view? I love the mountains here:
Fencing: It's 6 weeks long, every Monday. It was for 5-10 year olds. Can you tell which one is Nathan? Yes, the smallest at the end. In the green shirt is Ryan. Ryan and Shannon were really nice and came to see the boys at fencing last Monday.
Alex about to poke Shannon's eye out (literally). Was fencing a good choice for my boys???
Nathan:
Shannon left a make up mirror in the car and the sun sorched the ceiling.
THE VIDEOS:
We go to the Thanksgiving Point gardens every Monday for family activities and last Monday was Harry Potter theme. Here is a Quidditch game, and Nathan is catching the "golden snitch". The best part, though, was right after I ended the video. Nathan and the other boy both dove for the "snitch"'s legs, and the three of them ended up in a pile. The whole thing had Todd and I laughing:
My boys have Todd and my coordination. This is a video of the boys at fencing class. I don't know what I like more, the fact that Alex spontaneously fell, Nathan not doing the side step but just walking, or Alex fixing....things....on his way back to position. I laugh out loud every time I watch this video:
Katherine at a Thanksgiving Point Monday activity:
Alex jumping off the diving board on the last day of swim lessons:
Nathan tells the swim instructor he wants to do it by himself:
3 comments:
I can't wait to come to see you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Loved all the videos. Kate is really growing fast. Love that pic of her also. I've watch that fall of Alex and still can't figure out how he fell... Sounds like reading in the summer won't be a problem with all those books. I think thats great you do that with them.
Love,
Dad
i love katherine's outfit in the video! :) she's growing so fast! the boys are doing so well swimming! i'm so impressed!
Post a Comment