One of our Halloween traditions is making my "award winning Halloween cake." One year for our ward Halloween party there was a baking contest. I thought I'd enter for fun, but that day I was really busy and didn't have time to make something so cool. So, I got a cake mix, put it in a bundt pan, added some Hershey's kisses and baked it. Then I literally dumped chocolate frosting on the top and dumped Halloween M&m's on top of that. Done.
It actually won, to my very big surprise! Later I was talking with another contestant who told me how she got up really early to start making her desert, and it was a complicated process, etc. I liked hers better, personally. Ward cooking contests...
This is from Oct. 2005:

These pictures are from April 2006:
Nathan went through a time where he ALWAYS had to have his Curious George with him.


3 comments:
I remember those good ole' days of panic when Arthur was misplaced. :) I'm so glad you got pics.
PS. You're multi-talented! Just look at what you've done for your kids and look at the landscaping your planning and doing, among 100 other things.
That cake looks delicious! I think I'll try one. :)
I remember when Nathan talked like that. It was so cute. Everything he said was so high pitched and adorable. It is amazing how much they have grown.
I love it in the video that you were telling them to say "Happy Halloween" and Nathan was saying it. Then there was Alex, looking at you, said, "Happy Halloween" and thinking, that isn't so tough weird woman.
Post a Comment