Wednesday, October 15, 2008
optimism
I have an apple tree that is a happy tree. I got another tree at the same time, but it has long since died. It happily grows through little or no watering, weeds growing almost as tall as it, bugs, and now moving it to a different spot in the yard. Why did that one live and the other one die? I have been enthralled with this family where the parents almost died in a plane crash. The mother was burned all over her body, including her face. I've read her entire blog and she was such a great mom, wife, person, and all round bubbly happy person. She is still in a chemical induced coma (since Aug. 16), but I really hope that she continues to have the happy personality she had before. It also makes me be more grateful for what I have. When I think about how nice it would be to have the lines under my eyes done away with, or this or that, I think about her. (Or, if a dumb salesman comes to my door and tries to sell me a $2,000 vacuum, and then asks Todd how much he makes, I'll think of the people Todd met in Guatemala that live on dirt floors--true story). Anyway, I was just thinking about how important optimism is in life. In Katie's baby blessing, Todd blessed her with optimism.
P.S. I get to meet the mother's sister who is keeping an update on the family since the crash (the "cjane" button on the side) on Saturday. She contributed an essay to a book "The Mother in Me" and there is a book signing at Deseret Book at the mall. I'm excited!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you. I appreciate you.
Post a Comment