I woke up at the early hour of 11am (hey, Baby was awake a lot last night!) We ate breakfast at noon: whole grain pancakes with Todd's fresh peach jam and apples for snack. I'm trying to be more nutritious. We had prayer and scripture study (Mosiah 5 in the Book of Mormon). Alex said the prayer and said, "thank you that Daddy is a genius at computers. Thank you that he has a good job to pay for our house and our food." Todd played their Super Cow game the other day and the kids loved that. He is their superhero! He made it to levels the boys could only dream of! I had the boys take showers while I supervised (Alex can usually take a shower on his own, but I still have to tell Nathan what to do). Then the boys did reading (they are getting so good at reading!) They had to go to a birthday party at 3:30 and I was having some great anxiety over what present to get. What would he like? What if he already has it? etc. The final gift: a gift card. Tacky, probably, but he'll have fun picking out what he wants. We went to the local toy store to get it. On the way there, Nathan saw a flag and asked why it was all the way up. On Sept. 11 they asked why the flag was half down, and so I told them it was to remember Sept. 11 and told them what happened. Today I told them it was just a regular day, so it's all the way up. Nathan said, "So the people are already dead, so it's just a regular day?"
The party was "superheroes" and you could come dressed up: (Nathan usually has to be naked just in underwear with his cape on, but I told him he had to be dressed for the party)
(It's program that figures out the sales peoples' bonuses at the end of the sales season.)
P.S. Usually we don't skip school, but we are enough ahead (we started the beginning of Aug.) and we can do more lessons to make up for skipped days. We can even do lessons on Sat. if we want. We did extra lessons on Mon. since we had activities this week.
1 comment:
I love reading a day in the life of you. I love alex's prayer, nathan's comment, your bread, and Todd working on his back end. You are hilarious. You are such a good mom and wife.
Post a Comment