Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Dear Daddy Day 2


Dear Todd,
Today I found a new talent: nursing Baby and cooking at the same time. I can't wait till you come back and make us yummy dinners! I made chicken salad but the chicken wasn't that great. We went to the store and Alex got Mickey Mouse candy canes but told us we couldn't have any until we got the fire going. We went to Salem Pond after dark (about 6pm) and made a fire. It was 40 degrees and Rocket was in the water chasing ducks...crazy dog. We needed a boy scout to help start the fire! (you'll notice in the pictures. The leaves were wet and it wouldn't light of course, so I found a big cardboard box in the trash--on the top mind you--so I just put it on top of the firewood and lit it. Unconventional but it got the firewood lit!). I hope you're learning lots of computer mumbo jumbo at your conference. Is there any good reason why they picked Las Vegas for the conference??? I love you and miss you!
The boys pretended they were Pilgrim children gathering leaves for the fire. We want to come back on Sat. with you and they are going to make Indian costumes. Alex said he's going to be Squanto and Nathan can be Chief Massasoit, Alex said.

I told Nathan to find a big stick...
Baby was mesmerized by the fire:

Who needs a boy scout???


2 comments:

Todd said...

I LOVE the picture of Nathan with the 'big stick'. I wish I could have gone with you but at least I can go back with Squanto and Chief Massasoit! Who will baby be dressed as?

You'll have to make a list of what you'd like me to cook when I get back and I'll make it happen. I miss you and love you and kiss and hug the kids for me!

Tawnya said...

Kristie you are so sweet. I am so glad you are keeping a blog. It is so good to see what you are up to.