I started reading the book "Tuesdays with Morrie" (it's 2am) and it's a really good book so far. The professor is dying and shares what he thinks is important from a dying person's perspective. I imagine him as Todd's grandpa:). He emphasizes how important good relationships with others are. It made me think about the 34 year old WalMart worker who was trampled and killed, because people wanted to get material things, "celebrating" the birth of the Savior. I also thought about today, when we went to the boutique Judy was in, she had been sitting in her boothe all day. We went to go say hi to her. When we got there, we said hi for a minute, but I was captivated by all the things at the boutique--I just wanted to look around. Tomorrow I'm going to sit with her and chat, maybe even bring her something to eat.
In class, Morrie told his student, "I hope that one day you will think of me as your friend." My biggest wish of my whole life is that one day my kids will grow up and think of me as their friend. But it seems lately that I am ignoring them. Maybe after I talk with Judy tomorrow, I'll come home and play with my kids instead of looking at the boutique. They've been really wanting to do a dino party with me.
Two other lines from the book I like so far:
"Are you giving to your community?" Not really, no. (Unless you count the methane gas...)
"Are you at peace with yourself?" I need to want less and not be so selfish and have more self-control.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you're a wonderful mother. don't ever think you're not. you homeschool them, which is something that is hard to do, and takes up so much time. i know they appreciate that. don't even say that out loud again!!! :) they are the sweetest, most gentle and loving kids because of you and the love you give them.
(you should throw them a dino party, though. and take pictures so i can see.) :)
love you so much!
You're a fantastic Mommy. Just ask your kids. I need to finish reading Tuesdays with Morrie. Love you!
Post a Comment